So Irish soda bread is one of my favorite breads, it didn’t use to be, but I’ve really liked it lately, so I make it and then put it with soup, I really enjoying making it.
I have this memory of me and my grandma Rosa making Irish soda bread, she told me a story about her childhood and she kissed me on my forehead, I loved my time with her she was sweet and kind. She past away this past year, and I’ve missed her.
So when I make this bread I think of her and it makes me happy, so here is the recipe!
Irish Soda Bread (made gluten-free and dairy-free)
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
4 cups flour (I used oatmeal and millet flour)
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 cup almond milk (any milk will do)
¾ almond yogurt (any yogurt will work)
- preheat oven to 425 degrees grease and flour the pan I used just a cake pan.
- in a large bowl mix flour salt and baking soda together
- Slowly add the milk and yogurt to the flour mix till it’s sticky ball.
- turn dough onto floured surface and knead gently a few times
- form a dough into ball then put in pan and press slightly till it resembles a large disk. the should reach the edge of the pan but may spring back.
- Cut an X on the top of the dough about like ¼ deep.
- Bake for 30 minutes till its golden brown. Mine took 45 minutes.
- Then let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- Then enjoy!
I hope you guys get some fantastic irish soda bread, which is heavy bread but its great for soups and chili. Do note that irish soda bread can be very chewy sometimes but it’s okay.
Well everyone have a fantastically weekend!! And Shay-De Foodie Friday!!